Join Keya Kai for this Pre-Conference Workshop on Lei making: Healing Hawaiian Lei Making for Spirit and Body:
Explore the Polynesian practice of weaving flowers and plants into adornments for hair and body in this hands-on workshop. Approaching lei-making from a wellness perspective, learn how this therapeutic methodology heals both the maker and wearer of the lei. Demonstrations of diverse lei technique will be followed by a powerful lei-making experience. Reclaim the sacred ritual of flower and plant weaving as a meditation, then experience the healing power of wearing living adornments.
Demonstration and lecture, will be followed by a hands-on workshop
Perfect for herbal and healing practitioners of all levels, and teens! Ages 12+ welcome!
Participant will leave able to:
1. Understand the tradition and styles of lei making in the Pacific Islands
2. Practice the preparation and protocols for creating a healing and medicinally-charged lei
3. Create a wili style lei of flowers and plant material to be worn
4. Obtain the skills to practice lei-making independently
Anticipate working with flowers such as Hawaiian (green) Ti – Cordyline fruticosa; Diverse Hawaiian Ferns: Ōkupukupu, Laua’e, Lepelepeamoa, Neke, Pai’i’iha, Palapalai; Hawaiian and/or locally sourced flowers:
Orchidaceae, Asteraceae, Amaryllidacea; local herbs and plants of WA as available, in season (rosemary, thyme, sage, tulsi, lavender, goldenrod, etc)
$10. Supply fee payable to Keya Kai at the workshop
Workshop includes lunch.
Healing Hawaiian Lei Making for Spirit & Body
In the event, PWHC cancels…
due to extenuating circumstances, we will issue you a full refund. We invite you to consider these options:
- You may donate all or part of what you have paid to PWHC to support continued operation of the conference.
- We would happily put your 2020 registration toward a 2021 PWHC registration
We will do everything in our power to help you have an exceptional PWHC experience this fall. In the event, you cancel your registration, we ask that you read and agree to the following timeline.
In the event YOU cancel…
- For Cancellations up to August 24th you will receive a full refund, less a $25. administrative fee.
- Cancellations after August 24th incur a $50. cancellation fee
- After September 6th NO refunds are available. If you are unable to make the conference, your registration can be transferred upon you finding a woman to take your place and notifying PWHC in writing with her contact information.